Sunday, October 20, 2013

Last night I attended a "Wine Down" event hosted by a friend and business client.  It was beautiful, exciting, wonderful and in great taste.  I met a couple of new people that shared nice conversation along with many "cheers to" celebrations throughout the evening.
I got the opportunity to listen to the many things women endure during the course of a work week, family ties, everyone's dreams and aspirations among a few small discoveries.

My life as an entrepreneur/natural hair stylist when I consider it in contrast with what these ladies endure on their job is minimal to say the least to the amount of issues and things faced in the course of a day.  Not saying that my day is easy because by no means is it not but in listening I would say that I respect their position as I would hope mine to be respected as well.

At the end of my work day I have to take the time to decompress and do what brings me out of that days stresses and emotions if that's the case.  Nobody is perfect and I think we all have daily challenges on our jobs.  My godmothers salon was a rest haven and personal escape from the world outside when I came in to get my hair done as a young girl. I have tried to copy that same idea in my salon for my clients when they visit my salon.  I truly understand and can appreciate a comfortable, clean, relaxing environment when you want to get your scalp manipulated and your sense of style restored again.

 Having a peaceful environment was the inspiration for the decor when opening my salon and its location seven years ago.  I love the comments that I get from the visitors of my salon when the come through.  I tell them that I had a mindset for comfort and relaxation and I look for beautiful furniture and accessories to accommodate that theme.  Cheers to comfort, style, relaxation and style.  I'll see you at your next visit to the salon and I hope it will be a beautiful and satisfactory event.

Thank You
Jacquie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitions...to be or not to be.

  Transition The very start for some of us that desire to wear natural hairstyles, and, for those that are truly considering the healt...