Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bullies have purpose.

I'm just going to say how I feel and think about natural kinky, coily, nappy hair.  I think it is beautiful and every afro centric woman should wear it.  Because it is what she was meant to have and is the hair that looks the best on her.

I am aware of the fact that the most afro centric women can not manage this type of hair as easily as she has made herself believe the relaxed hair is.  I suggest she seek out a natural hair care professional to support her in caring and styling her hair.  If she doesn't find the time or finance to do this she will get discouraged and remain in the abusive state of chemically treated hair and hair weave.
  I had an exhausting conversation with a woman the other day about natural hair styling and natural hair care.  Her hair is relaxed and have been for many years.  My hair is natural and have been for many years but I can manage my natural hair just fine and I love to see women wear their natural hair. On the other hand this woman hates natural hair and would prefer the straight lye that she is use to.  She has no reservations of letting me know this about her whether I asked her for the opinion or not.  So our conversation went on and on back and forth on why natural hair is not a good look and of course my argument is on why it is a beautiful look until we both got exhausted and ended the conversation.

It is so ridiculous to still be having these types of arguments and fierce conversations.  I have been bullied so many times about my hair until I almost gave up my position as a natural hair stylist to keep from having to confront the issues.  But after the air cleared and I had time to recover, I've decided to keep the faith and continue what I'm doing.   I'm very excited about my next moves in my business, work and personal resolutions.  I'm learning to love the bullies, they have purpose....

www.hair2hopefour.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Transitions...to be or not to be.

  Transition The very start for some of us that desire to wear natural hairstyles, and, for those that are truly considering the healt...